Thursday, April 10, 2008

Salsa Picada



This recipe is put on here specially for my Uncle Glen. He requested a salsa recipe months ago, and I'm just now putting it up. Sorry it took me so long!

Salsa picada is a bit different than regular salsa because the ingredients are chopped and minced instead of blended, making a very chunky salsa. My favorite! It tastes delicious as a tortilla chip dip or on top of your favorite taco or fajita.

Please forgive the measurements. I just make it by sight. Try a little of each ingredient at first, mix and taste. If you think it needs more, add more.


Salsa Picada

I always include:
8 - 10 Roma tomatoes
1/2 white onion
1 clove garlic, put through a garlic press or minced
juice of 1 lime
1/2 of a small jalepeno or serrano (That's all the heat I can handle. I am a wimp!)
10 stems of cilantro leaves
salt


Sometimes I add:
diced avocado
chopped cucumber
chopped radish

Chop or dice it all and mix together. You can use it right away, but it tastes 100% better after it sits in the fridge for a day or so and all the flavors mix.

Enjoy!

No comments: